Yes, you read that right. People who have written fan fics and roleplay Mary, Joseph, Jesus and the rest.
My brain just melted.
- I've read God/Satan slash. That was interesting.
-- I should add, I only support Satan slash if he looks like Viggo Mortenson in The Prophesy.
- The slash wouldn't be so bad if people could just stick to the canon. Peter and Samson lived in completely different eras, for crying out loud. And Jesus was not a vampire and his parents were not killed by Roman Ninja Death Squads when he was six. (Well, maybe in the anime, but then state that you're using the anime continuity!)
-- Jesus wasn't a vampire, he was a zombie!
Big fandom; why shouldn't it have RPGs and fanfiction? :p
- Nah. Its fans aren't zealous enough for it to count as a proper fandom.
-- Hey, some of them are. And some are mildly fans of it. You know, like you have the really hardcore fans and the mildly fond in other things. Just look at that Mel Gibson film; the outcry over it looked remarkably like 'you turned my fave book into what's probably a sucky movie, how dare you!' if you look at it right. :p
- When we were learning about Midrash in school (Israeli schools, natch), the first thing that occured to me was 'Oh- it's fanfic! That makes so much sense!'
-- I had the same reaction to the Book of Mormon.
- You roleplay as Dick Cheney? Respect.
-- Nah, that's Asmodeus. He likes hunting. Samael's more what you'd get if you crossed Francis Crawford with Ivan the Terrible and added golden curls.